LEARNING TO LEARN
ASK (After School worK) Program
Schools have certain expectations from parents and students which include daily revision, homework and studying. It is not easy to keep up with all of this. After My School, promises to take the COMPLETE RESPONSIBILITY of your child’s After School worK (ASK) by providing online classes for daily revision, tuition, homework assistance and exam preparation.
The ASK Program Includes:
- Daily online tuition classes with Live Interaction
- Concept Evaluation Test (CET)
- Student Academic Plan (SAP)
- Set Improvement Targets for Marks/Grades
- Chapter Wise Test (CWT)
- Monthly Feedback Report (MFR)
- Access to customised teaching tools designed by tutor mentors and academic team
- ASK Diary to maintain log of assignments, homework, revision, progress
Salient Features of the ASK Program:
- Daily online tuition classes with live interaction, homework assistance, revision and assessments
- Highly trained tutors equipped to help students with daily tuition, revision, homework and exam preparation. With the help of leading experts in the field After My School has developed standardised teaching methodologies to make sure our students receive the best possible After School worK (ASK) assistance.
- Introduction Meeting with student, parents, tutor and a member of our academic team to help counsel the student and parents and welcome them into the AMS Family
- Concept Evaluation Tests (CETs) are conducted to understand the students’ clarity of concepts regarding English, Maths, and Science
- Student Academic Plan (SAP) with the help of the evaluated CETs and the 10 days of online tuition classes the tutor mentor and academic team prepare a customised student academic plan with targetted grades/marks
- Student Academic Plan Meeting (SAPM) is conducted at the end of the 10 days along with the student, parents, tutor and academic team to plan and decide the study plan for the student which will help them do their very best academically
- ASK Diary access is given to the student to maintain all progress, homework, revision, assignments etc. establishing a continuous contact and interaction with the tutors
- Chapter Wise Tests (CWTs) are conducted at the end of each chapter to evaluate how well the student has understood the chapter
- Monthly Feedback Reports (MFRs) are shared with the parents to give feedback on the progress of the student
- Access to Customised Teaching Tools such as videos, worksheets, exercises, written work and tests is given to the students
- Guaranteed improvement in marks/grades
Join the Ask Program
Discover Program is very useful. The Concept Evaluation Test (CET) which AMS conducted to assess the gaps in the concepts of the subjects of my child gave me an accurate report. After My School is helping my child to complete all the after school work and ensures all the concepts are clarified. I am satisfied with the performance of my child..
M. Divya Sai Bhavana
Satisfied with AMS till now. Discover Program and the Concept Evaluation Test (CET) is very useful and good for our information, so that the conceptual gaps which are identified can be worked on. .
Yes, at AfterMySchool we have an Exam Preparation Model to address the FINAL EXAMS of students. By understanding the areas in which the students will need additional help and concept clarity ( during the 10 day DISCOVER program )and discussing and agreeing with you on a customized Student Exam Prep Plan we implement the plan daily during exam season through or specialized portal through:
- Daily Practice worksheets
- Model Exam Papers
- Pro Exam Tips
- Continuous Revision & Concept Clarity
- Mock Exams
In this manner, AfterMySchool reviews and alters the revision plan which is already in place to accommodate the examination preparation. The same is done keeping in mind the needs of all students in the class.
AfterMySchool takes complete responsibility for the child’s After School worK (ASK). In our experience we have found that the following classes need to study for the following amount of time:
- 3rd – 5th grade: 1.00 and 1.30 hours daily
- 6th – 8th grade – 1.30 to 2.00 hours daily
- 9th & 10th Class: 2.30 to 3.00 hours daily needed
AfterMySchool takes the responsibility for all of these hours. We divide the time in the following way:
- Live Interaction session – 1 hour for a fixed time daily
- Homework completion on own and uploaded on AfterMySchool App before coming to class
- Worksheets, Assignments etc given on the AfterMySchool App based on areas where the child needs practice. The amount of work given is based on the gaps in your child’s learning.
At AfterMySchool, we handle the following subjects for various classes
- 3rd – 8th grade – Maths, Science, Social Studies, English
- 9th & 10th grade – Maths, Science & Social Studies
This has been decided based on the time we have with the child every day and also the different needs of each level of schooling as per the curriculum and our own research.
At AfterMySchool we use various tools and methods to evaluate students based on their academics. These include:
- CETs (Concept Evaluation Tests) – in English, Maths, and Science which are conducted once the student joins our DISCOVER Program. These tests help evaluate the status of the student’s
- Conceptual clarity CWTs (Chapter-Wise Tests) – these tests are designed by our academic team and conducted by tutors after they cover a chapter to understand and analyze the student’s understanding of the chapter and concepts
- Assignments/Worksheets – The students are given regular assignments and worksheets to practice what they have learnt and to see how much or how well they have understood what has been taught.