These Terms & Conditions (“Terms”) of use of our website www.aftermyschool.com (“Website”), our applications (“Application”) or any products or services in connection with the Applications/Website/Products (“Services”) are between SKAN After My School Pvt. Ltd. (“Company/We/Us/Our”) and its users (“User/You/Your”).
These Terms & Conditions constitute an electronic record in accordance with the provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011 thereunder, as amended from time to time.
Your use/access/browsing of the Application(s), Website, Services, Products or Registration (with or without payment/with or without subscription) through any means shall signify Your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions and Your agreement to be legally bound by the same.
Except as mentioned below, all information, content, material, trademarks, services marks, trade names, and trade secrets including but not limited to the software, text, images, graphics, video, script and audio, contained in the Application, Website, Services and Products are proprietary property of the Company (“Proprietary Information”). No Proprietary Information may be copied, downloaded, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way without obtaining prior written permission from the Company and nothing on this Application, Website or Service shall be or Products deemed to confer a license of or any other right, interest or title to or in any of the intellectual property rights belonging to the Company, to the User.
The Fee will be calculated in advance and is to be paid in full amount. It will be invoiced on the 1st of each month. Failure to pay the fee on time may result in exclusion from classes. The fee paid at the beginning of the month is a consideration for blocking of slots for classes for the student during the upcoming month, any number of leaves taken during this month are the sole responsibility of the parent/guardian and student and no fee will be deducted and/or reduced for the leaves taken by the student during that month. The same will be applicable regardless of the number of days of leave taken.
- DISCOVER Fee
The payment once made for our DISCOVER Program will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Registration Fee
The Registration fee charged is a One Time Charge and will not be charged again for any and all registered students and is non-refundable.
- Monthly Subscriptions
We do not offer any refund for payments made on a monthly subscription plan and the payment once made will not be refunded.
- Quarterly, Half Yearly or Annual Subscriptions
- We offer a full refund for the unused part of such subscriptions after deduction the fee payable for the period used of the subscription;
- Our subscriptions run for a calendar month and hence any cancellation is valid only from the 1st of the subsequent month;
- The request for the cancellation of subscription has to be made at least 1 day before the end of the previous month;
For example, if you want to stop the subscription from October 1st, the request has to be received by email latest by midnight of 29th September
- Even if the request for cancellation of subscription is made before the due date (as given above) the cancellation will only be applicable from the 1st of the upcoming month, the classes will continue as per normal till the end of the on-going month and the student shall have access to all the material, applications etc. as well;
- The calculation of the amount to be deducted for the usage of your subscription will be calculated using the fee applicable for the Monthly Subscription for the grade of your student and not the discounted monthly fee offered to you for the long term subscription
For example, if the monthly fee for a course is Rs. 100 and the customer has purchased an Annual (12 Month) subscription for Rs. 1,000. Suppose the subscription is cancelled after using for 3 months, then the value to be deducted from the total amount paid will be 3 times the Monthly fees (Rs. 100) applicable for that course, i.e. Rs. 300. As such the refund will be Rs 1,000 minus Rs. 300, which is equal to Rs. 700.
- The refund will be made to any bank account in the name of one of the parents/guardians of the child as per the enrolment form filled up during the admission process
- The refund will be processed within 10 working days from the date of receipt of the request
- All requests for refund should be received in a specified screen for it provided in our Application or by sending an email to [email protected] application or refund should have the following details :
Name of the student
Last date of subscription
Name of a parent who is the account holder
IFSC Code of bank
The following are the terms and conditions that Students and Parents/Guardians are agreeing to adhere by while attending our classes:
- The sole responsibility of the student’s attendance of classes lies on the parent/guardian, the Company or any of its representatives will not be held responsible for the same;
- The daily classes and subjects taught will be according to the agreed upon Academic Plan by the academic team and parent(s)/guardian(s) of the child, sudden change in topics or subjects will not be tolerated or provided for by the Company or its representatives, tutors, academic team etc.;
- The students agree that they will join and attend classes in a disciplined manner that does not disturb the tutor, the students present, or any other person engaged in teaching or learning during the class duration;
- The parent(s)/guardian(s) of any student agree that they will not disturb on-going classes or interfere with the methods/material/teaching/program/lesson being followed by the tutor or any academic representative of the Company
- The Company cannot and does not guarantee that the tutor/tuition centre of the student will remain the same throughout the duration of the student’s lifetime with After My School, change in tutor/tuition centre is solely dependent upon the discretion of the Academic Team and the Company;
- During on-going examinations of the student, the student may be asked to attend classes for extra time or attend extra classes for revision, this is solely dependent upon the discretion of the Academic Team and the tutors;
- The responsibility to attend the extra classes or extra time for revision during examinations of the student lies solely on the parent(s)/guardian(s) of the student;
- Any issues regarding the classes, the Company or its representatives is to be addressed only through the assigned Relationship Managers of the students and parents/guardians only.
Your use of our Products, Website, Application and Services is solely for Your personal and non-commercial use. Any use of the Application, Website, Services or Products or their contents other than for personal purposes is prohibited. Your personal and non-commercial use of this Application, Website, Products and/or Our Services shall be subjected to the following restrictions:
- You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivate works from, transfer, or sell any information or software obtained from the Application and / or Our Website and/or Services/Products, or remove any copyright, trademark registration, or other proprietary notices from the contents of the Application and/or our Website and/or Services/Products.
- You will not –
- a) use this Application and/or our Website and/or any of our product/s or Service/s for commercial purposes of any kind, or
- b) advertise or sell the Application or any Products, Services or domain names or otherwise (whether or not for profit), or solicit others (including, without limitation, solicitations for contributions or donations) or use any public forum for commercial purposes of any kind, or
- c) use the Application and/or Website/Our Products and Services in any way that is unlawful, or harms the Company or any other person or entity as determined by the Company;
No User shall be permitted to perform any of the following prohibited activities while availing our Services:
- Making available any content that is misleading, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, child-pornographic, lewd, lascivious, profane, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, and/or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Stalking, intimidating and/or harassing another and/or inciting other to commit violence;
- Transmitting material that encourages anyone to commit a criminal offence, that results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any relevant laws, regulations or code of practice;
- Interfering with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Application/Website/Services;
- Making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner, committing any act that amounts to the infringement of intellectual property or making available any material that infringes any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights of anyone else;
- Make available any content or material that You do not have a right to make available under any law or contractual or fiduciary relationship, unless You own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents for such use of the content;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Post, transmit or make available any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, spyware, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines, code, files or such other programs that may harm the Application/Services, interests or rights of other users or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications, or that may harvest or collect any data or personal information about other Users without their consent;
- Access or use the Application/Website/Services/Products in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any of the Application’s/Website’s servers or the networks connected to any of the servers on which the Application/Website is hosted;
- Intentionally or unintentionally interfere with or disrupt the services or violate any applicable laws related to the access to or use of the Application/Website/Services/Products, violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Application/Website/Services/products, or engage in any activity prohibited by these Terms & Conditions;
- Disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Application/Website/Services/Products, materials, systems resources, or gain unauthorized access to user accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through the Application/Website/Services/Products or any affiliated or linked sites;
- Interfere with, or inhibit any user from using and enjoying access to the Application/Website/ Services/Products, or other affiliated sites, or engage in disruptive attacks such as denial of service attack on the Application/Website/Services/Products;
- Use deep-links, page-scrape, robot, spider or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to increase traffic to the Application/Website/Services/Products, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Application /Website/Services/Products, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Application, or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any content, documents or information through any means not specifically made available through the Application/ Website/Services/Products;
- Alter or modify any part of the Services;
- Use the Services for purposes that are not permitted by: (i) these Terms; and (ii) any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdiction; or
- Violate any of the terms specified under the Terms for the use of the Application /Website/Services/products.
The Company (including but not limited to its subsidiaries/affiliates) may, based on any form of access to the Application (including free download/trials) or Services or Website or Registrations through any source whatsoever, contact the User through SMS, email and/or call, to give information about their offerings and products as well as notifications on various important updates and/or to seek permission for demonstration of its Services. The User expressly grants such permission to contact him/her through telephone, SMS, e-mail and holds the Company (including but not limited to its subsidiaries/affiliates) indemnified against any liabilities including financial penalties, damages, expenses in case the User’s mobile number is registered with Do Not Call (DNC) database. By registering yourself, you agree to make your contact details available to Our employees, associates, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners so that you may be contacted for education information, offerings and promotions through telephone, SMS, email etc.
Upon registration through any means whatsoever, the Company may contact You through the registered mobile number or e-mail or any other mobile number or contact number or email provided by You to enable effective provision of Services. The User expressly permits the Company to contact him/her and the student utilising the Services, through the above mentioned means at any time post registration.
Further, the Company shall have the right to monitor the download and usage of the Application/Services/Products and the contents thereof by the User/Student, to analyze such usage and discuss the same with the User/Student to enable effective and efficient usage of the Services. The User expressly permits the Company to clear the doubts of the student using the Application/Services/Online Portal by answering the questions placed before it, providing study plans, informing of the progress, providing feedback, communicating with the student and mentoring the student through Our Application(s), telephone or e-mail on express consent of the legal guardian/parent of the User or through any other forum.
While the Company has made efforts to train the personnel engaged in the sales and services relating to its products to enable quality control, it makes no warranties or representations whatsoever regarding the quality and competence of such personnel and would not be responsible for any deviant behaviour of any such personnel. Any feedback from User relating to the same is most welcome and Company reserves the right and discretion to take any action in this regard.
In order to access the Services and to avail the use of the Application/Products, You shall be required to register yourself with the Application/Services/Products, and maintain an account with the Application/Services/Products. You will be required to furnish certain information and details, including Your name, mobile number, e-mail address, residential address, grade/class of the student, school name, payment information (credit/debit card details) if required, and any other information deemed necessary by the Application. With respect to the provision of information, the following may be noted:-
- It is Your sole responsibility to ensure that the account information provided by You is accurate, complete and latest.
- You shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the account information and for all activities that occur under Your account.
- You agree to-
(a) ensure that You successfully log out from Your account at the end of each session; and
(b) immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of Your account. If there is reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of Your account, we may request You to change the password or we may suspend Your account without any liability to the Company, for such period of time as we deem appropriate in the circumstances. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from Your failure to comply with this provision.
4) You acknowledge that Your ability to use Your account is dependent upon external factors such as internet service providers and internet network availability and the Company cannot guarantee accessibility to the Application at all times. In addition to the disclaimers set forth in the Terms & Conditions, the Company shall not be liable to You for any damages arising from Your inability to log into Your account and access the services of the Application at any time.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from:
- Your use of and access of the Application/Website/Services;
- Your violation of any term of these Terms or any other policy of the Company;
- Your violation of any third party right, including without limitation, any copyright, property, or privacy right; or
- any claim that Your use of the Application/Website/Services has caused damage to a third party.
This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms & Conditions.
In no event shall the Company, its officers, directors, employees, partners or agents be liable to You or any third party for any special, incidental, indirect, consequential or punitive damages whatsoever, including those resulting from loss of use, data or profits or any other claim arising out, of or in connection with, Your use of, or access to, the Application.
In the event of Your breach of these Terms, You agree that the Company will be irreparably harmed and may not have an adequate remedy in money or damages. The Company therefore, shall be entitled in such event to obtain an injunction against such a breach from any court of competent jurisdiction. The Company’s right to obtain such relief shall not limit its right to obtain other remedies.
Any violation by You of the terms of this Clause may result in immediate suspension or termination of Your Accounts and use of Our Services apart from any legal remedy that the Company can avail. In such instances, the Company may also disclose Your Account Information if required by any Governmental or legal authority. You understand that the violation of these Terms could also result in civil or criminal liability under applicable laws.
The Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India, without regard to conflict of law principles. Further, the Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts located in Hyderabad and You hereby accede to and accept the jurisdiction of such courts.
The Company has the right to change modify, suspend, or discontinue and/or eliminate any aspect(s), features or functionality of the Application or the Services as it deems fit at any time without notice. Further, the Company has the right to amend these Terms from time to time without prior notice to you. The Company makes no commitment, express or implied, to maintain or continue any aspect of the Application. You agree that the Company shall not be liable to You or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Application/Services. All prices are subject to change without notice.
Notice: All notices served by the Company shall be provided via email to Your account or as a general notification on the Application. Any notice to be provided to the Company should be sent to ______________.
Assignment: You cannot assign or otherwise transfer Your obligations under the Terms, or any right granted hereunder to any third party. The Company’s rights under the Terms are freely transferable by the Company to any third parties without the requirement of seeking Your consent.
Severability: If, for any reason, a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the Terms & Conditions, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to give effect to the intent of the parties as reflected by that provision, and the remainder of the Terms & Conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
Waiver: Any failure by the Company to enforce or exercise any provision of the Terms & Conditions, or any related right, shall not constitute a waiver by the Company of that provision or right.
Relationship: You acknowledge that Your participation on the Application/Website, does not make You an employee or agency or partnership or joint venture or franchise of the Company.
Zero Tolerance Policy
Kindly keep in mind that the following will not be tolerated, SKAN After My School Pvt. Ltd. reserves the right to expel and remove any such customer, student, parent and/or guardian who breaches any of the terms stated below:
- Violence or threats of violence including harassment, coercion, intimidation etc. towards the Company and its representatives, tutors, relationship managers, other students, other parents/guardians, academic team members etc.
- Derogatory remarks or use of foul language towards the Company and its representatives, tutors, relationship managers, other students, other parents/guardians, academic team members etc.
- Bullying towards the Company and its representatives, tutors, relationship managers, other students, other parents/guardians, academic team members etc.
- Discrimination on any grounds including caste, creed, race, colour, gender against the Company and its representatives, tutors, relationship managers, other students, other parents/guardians, academic team members etc.
- Breach of confidentiality as agreed upon by virtue of the Terms & Conditions stated above as well as this Zero-Tolerance Policy
- Hate speech, arousal of religious sentiments, harassment of any gender/caste/religion towards the Company and its representatives, tutors, relationship managers, other students, other parents/guardians, academic team members etc.
- Suddenly and without any explanation not responding to, ignoring, or avoiding any communication from the Company and its representatives, tutors, relationship managers etc.
The Company provides these Terms & Conditions so that You are aware of the terms that apply to your use of the Website/Application and Services. You acknowledge that, the Company has given You a reasonable opportunity to review these Terms and that You have agreed to them.
Feedback: Any feedback You provide with respect to the Application/Website/Services shall be deemed to be non-confidential. The Application/Website shall be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis. Further, by submitting the feedback, You represent and warrant that:
- Your feedback does not contain confidential or proprietary information of You or of third parties;
- The Company is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the feedback;
- the Application may have something similar to the feedback already under consideration or in development; and
- You are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from the Company for the feedback under any circumstances, unless specified.
Under no circumstances shall the Company be held responsible in any manner for any content provided by other users even such content is offensive, hurtful or offensive. Please exercise caution while accessing the Application.
We make all best endeavors to provide You with a pleasant experience. In the unlikely event that You face any issues, please contact us at 9177008888